What is Tech Sales?
What is Tech Sales?
Tech sales is a lucrative market and industry that has contributed significantly to providing efficient solutions to the modern-day challenges in the business world. Many tech companies sell their products and software to increase the efficiency of production in businesses.
Are you planning to adopt a career in tech sales? Then it is imperative you understand the job description and the perks of being a tech sales expert.
To help you out, we have outlined a comprehensive introduction to tech sales, the job description, and some of the potential interview questions you may be asked when you submit your CV. Let’s begin.
Tech Sales: An Introduction
Technology sales refer to the job of connecting clients with technology with the aim of offering effective solutions to a particular challenge in the field. The type of product varies from company to company and organization to organization, however, generally, the technical software and advanced computer systems are a common solution,
A computer company may sell various forms of hardware devices including desktops and laptops, while others may sell software or design algorithms useful as business tools.
What is The Job Description of a Tech Sales Person?
A tech sales person has the responsibility of helping clients throughout the day in understanding and using the software or the hardware. They also help find the most effective tech solution for their client’s problems.
A good sales person should know the product description, details, company’s background, etc, to be able to explain its advantages and functions. In general, their job description includes the following:
- Initiating a dialogue with customers and clients to understand their business needs and requirements
- Drafting affordable and effective technology solution packages
- Coming up with attractive offers, deals, and discounts for the clients Putting together technology packages
- Finding and shortlisting the best technology solutions for the client’s business challenges
- Answering all concerns, queries, and questions of the clients regarding the product and the company
- Generating and keeping a track record of sale invoices
- Training the clients on how to use the characteristics and features of the hardware devices or the software
- Generating reports and graphs of the sales for the company
What is The Average Salary of a Tech Sales Person?
One major perk of adopting a career as a tech sales person is the awesome pay scale! The base salary is usually around $40,000 and can go up to $92,000. Then come the bonuses and the commissions that are also in hundreds of thousands. Hence, on average a technology salespeople can easily make $100,000 per annum.
So, if you know what to expect and what you have to offer, you can experience exponential growth in this career field. But, make the career decision wisely. To stay updated with the ins and outs, you can also check Citylocal 101.
What Type of Tech Sales Interview Questions are Asked?
1. Why do you want to work in Technical Sales?
It helps understand the candidate’s skills and personality.
2. How will you target the new customers?
It helps understand the sales skillset and the techniques learned by the candidate.
3. How do you keep yourself updated with the advancements in technology?
Shows the candidate’s passion for growing as a technology salesperson in the future.
4. Do you remember losing a sale? What did you do?
Shows the honesty of the candidate and how effective he/she can handle failure.
5. What techniques do you use to maintain your clientele?
Shows the communication and dealing skills of the candidate.